Tuesday, November 8, 2011

White Chicken Chili

Well the weather here in the good old Midwest is cold and wet. I just pray its not a snow filled winter like the last one. I mean honestly my kids were home more than not. When I was in school we didn't get out for shit.

Tonight was my daughters music program at school. It was patriotic themed. Very cute but a little to long for my taste. I no that sounds mean and heartless but when you have a sick kid at home and two restless little boys sitting like two ticking time bombs at your feet ready to go off in any minute, can cause a bit of a panic.

My choice for the title is because that is what I made for dinner. I found this recipe online about a year ago, cant remember the website I got it from, I googled it for heaven's sakes. My point is that its a simple quick dinner to prepare and make.

All you need is: Chicken ( I buy a rotisserie chicken and just remove the meat to put in the chili)
                        3- 16oz Cans of Northern Beans
                        3- 14.5oz Cans of Chicken Broth
                        1- 4.5 oz Can of Chopped Green chili
                        1- 12oz Can of Shoe-peg Corn
                        1 Tb. of Cumin
                        1 Tb. of Oregano
                        1/2 Tsp. of Cayenne Pepper

Combine and let cook on low heat for about 4-5 hours. (This is what I do anyways.)
I serve with Sour Dough bread because that's what my family likes.

On the writing front I just finished a manuscript for a paranormal romance. I no, everyone is writing a paranormal story, but I love paranormal stories. Real life gets a bit boring sometimes and I personally like to step out of the norm when I read. I'm reading through and tweaking it to make sure its perfect for submission. Only question now is who to submit it to. I no who I want to submit it to but I'm going to stay mum about that until I'm 100% for sure.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment