Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Love of the X-Men

I could kick myself for waiting so long to see this movie but between family, work, and writing I just hadn’t had the chance. But today I watched X-Men First Class and I freaking loved it! James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were excellent. Then there was Kevin Bacon as the bad guy. Totally shocked me. And I wouldn’t be lying if I didn’t say the small cameo by Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman, didn’t surprise me.
Now this could just be me and my love for M/M romances but I was hoping that Charles and Erik would end up together. Crazy right? That would never happen in a high budgeted film. But still they would have made an awesome couple. I mean realistically Hollywood and the general world at large need to get over the dislike of m/m or f/f relationships on the silver screen. I would have to image the gays of the world are sick of seeing nothing but straight people themed movies.
Even without a torrid love affair between Charles and Erik the movie still rocked. I never read the comic books so I often wondered how it all began. I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to all. I’m a sci-fi geek so this was right up my alley.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet but I will as soon as it's out on DVD. And you're right about the lack of m/m or f/f romance in mainstream movies - though they're making inroads into mainstream publishing, which is a good sign, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely! The M/M genre is my favorite to read and to write obviously. All types of love affairs should get the same exposure, love is love. And if it’s written well that's all that should matter.

    ReplyDelete