Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Thoughts on Fate's Second Chance


I have to admit I’m a much better talker than writer when it comes to expressing my thoughts on certain issues so hopefully this makes sense to everyone who reads this.

I've read some recent reviews that have stated what they didn’t like about Fate's Second Chance was that it was hard for them to separate Marie from Marc. I can see where that could happen, after all I did write the story. But my intentions were not to separate the two because Marie was always Marc and Marc will always be Marie. A little confusing? Let me explain.

I’m one of those people who hate when people say she acts like a man or he comes off just a little too feminine. Who is the judge of this? Who has the right to say that about another individual?

What I’m getting at is that most of us are conditioned at an early age to think men should act a certain way and same for women. But why? As people are minds are forever growing and changing and putting labels on people is just constricting. I believe people act the way they want and there isn’t a set mold we should have to try and fit into. So I didn’t make Marc over masculine but he was still a man. I wonder if I never wrote Marc as being a woman to begin with if readers would have looked at the story differently. If I had Marc characterized as just being a sensitive guy who’s emotions got the best of him at times would that have made a difference?  Would it have changed the way the reader viewed Marc?  

I wanted Marc to be seen as a man, who just so happens use to be a woman, going through the ups and downs of falling in love. Men and women experience the same down falls on the road to their happy ever after but is it that much different from one another? I don’t think it is. We’re all a bunch of people living in this huge world just trying to get through the days and hopefully find that one special person who makes all the hard work worth it at the end of the day.

Fate's Second Chance was my first published work and I would be the first to agree that there were things I wish I could have changed or added. I'm sure every writer has that should of, could of, would of crap run through their mind. But if you change to much stuff during edits your editor would probably want to strangle you. LOL!

I welcome all comments be it good or bad. Some constructive criticism never hurt anyone. My goal as a writer is to write material that others find entertaining and hopefully I'm accomplishing that particular goal. Without readers where would us writers be?

I hope everyone enjoys the start to their week and happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment